January 21, 2021
An eight-month, online workshop series. Once each month we’ll delve into the tools of yoga — breath, meditation and movement — and explore other lifestyle choices you can make to live life with clarity and vitality. Each workshop will be lively and experiential, offering tools you can use in your daily life to promote brain longevity.
Throughout this series you’ll learn about:
- the science behind stress and how it leads to cognitive dysfunction.
- the power of breath and movement to reduce stress, improve sleep, maintain focus and provide energy — all factors in promoting brain longevity.
- Kirtan Kriya meditation and the research behind its many positive benefits including improved memory, reduced inflammation and improved overall well-being.
- the Four Pillars of Prevention® developed by the Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation, including discussions on diet, exercise, stress management and spiritual fitness.
- what research tells us about sleep, its role in brain health and ways to improve sleep quality.
- how working on your balance can help prevent falls and injuries and improve focus and attention.
- practical tools you can incorporate into your daily life.
Jane Stelboum, E-RYT, is the Founder of Sarasvate and is a Certified Brain Longevity Specialist®, a certification she earned through the Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation’s Brain Longevity® Therapy Training.